1. Alt+Tab - this switches between open windows. Especially effective for hiding what you're doing from your boss. What?
2. Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V - copy and paste. One of the easiest ways to look like you know what you're doing.
3. Ctrl+Enter - inserts a page break. Page breaks can make your documents look clean and elegant.
4. Alt+FA - save as. Always Save As instead of Save so you remind yourself to change the document name, and place it in the proper location.
5. Ctrl+Alt+Delete - interrupts a function. In Windows, it brings up a cute little screen that can use to restart if your program locks up.
What are your faves?
Okay, so yes, I LOVE Office 365. I use it, I enjoy it, I've shared it with my mom, who also loves and uses it.
We have installed it for most of our clients, and plan to install it on all of our clients, because it is so, so easy to use and collaborate with your team.
If you don't know about it, it's a subscription service from Microsoft which lets you install and use the latest version of Office (2013), so you just pay per user, and boom! you get all the features and you can use it anywhere, since it's cloud based.
Here's some info from Microsoft Business on it, and here's some info about the home version (both of which we can help you with).
This week's Stupid Numbered List is about our fave tech films (or at least those we count as "techie"). Submit yours in the comments!
1. The Matrix
3. Lawnmower Man (shout out to my favorite blog in the world, which has ended, Videogum.)
5. War Games
So I've noticed recently that mostly everything now is either about bacon or is a numbered list and I almost ALWAYS click on them. So here is my first.
1. Even when you're in IT, another IT person can walk up and do the exact same thing you've been doing and magically - it's fixed! Really annoying.
2. I make the bed every morning and then my dog crawls around under the sheets and messes it up.
3. I love love love Microsoft Office 365 and can't wait for all our clients to use it.
4. Don't waste time on Buzzfeed, trust me, I do it all the time.
5. Most blogs are boring - I hope this isn't!
6. Yes, I'm kind of stealing this from Maddox and The Onion. If you don't know about those two sites, don't go there unless you want to waste at least an hour.